Friday, May 30, 2014

Spicy Teriyaki Sausages #15MinuteSuppers

Last weekend I decided to clear all the frozen meats I have in the freezer, and I found some sausages, a slice of cod fish, half an onion and some broccoli in the chiller compartment. Suddenly I thought of the spicy grilled sausage tapas we had in La Bodega restaurant and how we loved it with a jug of chilled Sangria.

Another 15 Minute Supper idea. *light bulb beaming*

So I made this Spicy Teriyaki Sausages, perfect to serve as appetizer or as a side dish. 


I wish I had better picture to share, but my 2 boys just could not wait and half the plate was gone when I took this picture (one of which is my Big Guy)... I didn't expect my little boy to like this dish as it is slightly spicy. He ate quite a few slices and kept asking for more. 

Best of all, took me only 10 minutes to have it served.


Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 5 min
Serving for: 2-4 person

Ingredients:

2 foot-long gourmet sausages, roughly sliced 
1/2 onion, cut into wedges
1 tablespoon of olive oil

Seasoning:
teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon Teriyaki sauce 
A dash of paprika powder (or more if you like it fiery)
A dash of pepper


The Making:

1. Heat up the pan with a tablespoon of olive oil, toss in the onion and stir fry for a minute till it turns transparent.

2. Toss in the sliced sausages follow by all the seasoning, stir to mix well and let it cook for about 3 more minutes for the sausages to cook thoroughly. Serve hot.

It is that simple.. we had a filling lunch that afternoon and a very clean fridge!



Interested with the steam cod fish? Another 10 minutes dish. ;) Grab the simple recipe here..




Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
Follow 15 Minute Suppers on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
and look for the #15MinuteSuppers hashtag too!
15 Minute Suppers
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love sausages and the seasonings sound so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combination of flavors! I am always looking for quick dishes

    ReplyDelete