Saturday, March 21, 2015

{Breadmaker} Super Easy Banana Cake


I had some left over banana that were overripped, none of us was interest with it anymore. Instead of chucking them into the dustbin, I recalled my breadmaker can make cakes too, so why not give it a try with banana cake?

It turned out fabulous. I added some almond nibs and they gave an extra nutty aroma to every bite. 



My machine made a real small cake, just double the ingredient if yours is of a larger capacity (this is 500gm).


Simply soft and aromatic, love the texture.




Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Baking Time: 1 Hours 30 min
Serving size: 500gm loaf / 6 slices

Ingredients:

• 100g unsalted butter cut into small cubes
• 80gm granulated / brown sugar
• 2 tbsp /30ml fresh milk 
• 2 medium / 100gm egg, evenly mixed
• 50gm / 1 medium banana, cut into small chunks of 1" each
• 180g super fine flour (can be replaced with equal amount of self rising flour if you are without baking powder)
• 7gm baking powder 
• 30g almond nibs 


The Method:


1. add all ingredient into bread pan according to listed order.

2. Select menu "12" (for Panasonic BM) or Cake recipe on your bread maker. Press "start".

3. When you heard the beep sound (12  minutes later), open the lid (DO NOT PRESS STOP!) and use a spatula to scrap off any excess flour on the sides. Then closes the lid and press "Start" to continue baking.

The cake shall take another 1h15m to complete. Let it cold on a rack for about 10-20min before eating.

Isn't it easy peasy? Breakfast is a breeze now with the help of my bread maker. What I like most is that washing is minimal and it's so easy that even my boy can handle with ease.




Some Useful Tips, Just so you know...
• A friend once complained to me it's taking her a long time to measure all ingredients one by one. Not a problem if you take the shortcut like me.

I place my bread pan over the electronic scale and pour all ingredient directly into it without using any extra container. You can reset it to 0 each time before adding next ingredient, or just keep summing up the weight yourself, whichever you prefer. This way, I get precise measurement and very little utensils to wash.

• I precut all my butter into cubes and store them in an airtight container in the fridge. Each time I need the butter for bread/cake baking just drop a few cubes, each cube is approximate 10gm if you cut your butter block into 20-22 equal size.

10 comments:

  1. Hi. Will like to know what is super fine flour? Need to omit baking powder if use self raising flour? Tks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teo,

      Super fine flour is low-gluten flour that is ideal for baking cake due to it's fine and soft texture. If you are using self rising flour it already contains baking powder hence you can omit baking powder.

      Hope this helps.

      Delete
  2. Hi, thanks so much for the awesome super easy banana cake recipe. I would really love to try out this recipe however im using a different BM brand(Tesco brand). Would like to check with you did you use (1) Cake mode, then follow by (2) Bake mode? Coz my bm takes about 2.5hrs just for Cake mode, and another 1hr for bake mode. Am i on the right track? Hope to hear from you as I would love to try out this recipe soon. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bev, for my Panasonic, the Cake mode include kneading and baking, so it is a 1 step process to bake the cake. The total 3.5hours seem rather long to me, would the Cake mode in your Tesco machine includes baking time? Please do check the manual as it should explains..

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. compare to the cakes i usually make with mixer, this is less fluffy.

      Delete
  4. Oic..I just got the bm last week..I had yet to try the cake mode...maybe can try..^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Just wondering if the blade has to be removed. Would the blade cause the cake to have hole?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi i tried the recipe last night but failed. I'm using Tesco BM, the "cake" function is 2hrs 50min, i see that the mixing is taking a long time, and i wasn't sure if the function includes baking because it seems idling to me after >30min of mixing, so i ended up pressing the "bake" function. The end product is very dense and zero fluffy-ness, unlike your image. I was using self-raising flour. Can you advise? Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI bL, sorry that I am not family with Tesco breadmaker, but I do see others sharing their successful recipe with this brand, so suggest you may search for a Tesco BM specific recipe / method to ensure success :)

      Delete