Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Best Homemade Waffle Combo!


Waffles seem to be the latest attraction in town, there is this Owl Cafe, Madame Waffle, Kaffeine cafe all well known for their sweet and savoury waffles. I have managed to try out 2 of these waffle shops and decided to give it a try at home. 

1 batter. 3 different flavors. 1 big breakfast. 2 superbly happy kiddos.

This is my Green Tea, Cocoa & Tuna Waffles Combo, with a drop of vanilla ice cream. 

Ahhhh.... Life is good.

Best companion: Tuna waffles with mayonnaise, Cocoa waffles with cocoa syrup, Green tea waffle with almond flakes and fruits & nuts.  


Tuna Waffles

Green Tea Waffles

Chocolate Waffle with Vanilla Ice cream

I thought I made too many waffles (total 12 pieces) but we managed to finish all! The tuna waffle is voted the best by Big Guy and my little boy. Perhaps next time I shall try some bacon bits.. :)

Just use the batter recipe I shared last year here, and mix in different bowls. 

• Green tea: mix 7gm or 2 teaspoons green tea with 6 tablespoons of batter.

• Tuna: mix 4-5 tablespoon of tuna flakes in water with 6 tablespoons of batter.

• Cocoa waffle: mix 2 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder with 6 tablespoons of batter.

I love homemade breakie as we can add any condiments as we like. Almond flakes, sunflower seeds, cocoa syrups, raisins, dried cranberries, berries, blueberry jam, apricot jam... The combination is simply endless!

Hope you enjoy this as much as we do. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment