Monday, September 7, 2015

Double Chocolate Cookie Balls



The kids absolutely love chocolate, and so do I. I have been buying them Chipsmore cookies occasionally but when I'm not too lazy, I will bake our favorite double chocolate cookies with reduced sugar. Today happened to be my not-so-lazy day so I started baking while listening to my all time favorite album, French Kiss. 
  

Soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside. It's what I called Love at first bite...


Preparation: 30 minutes
Baking Time: 10-12 minutes
Serving: 14-16 pieces

Original recipe adopted and modified from Food Lovers' Cooking for Children.


Ingredients:
• 100g unsalted butter, cut cubes
• 100g brown sugar 
• 3 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey's)
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 large egg, beaten
• 170g all purpose flour, sifted
• 2 palmful / half cup of dark chocolate chips (add more if you wish)
• 1 teaspoon icing sugar (for sprinkle)


The Making:

1. Preheat oven to 180°c, lay a piece of baking sheet over the tray.

2. In a dry mixer bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy, then gradually add in the egg, vanilla extract, the sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.

3. Mix with a spatula until well mixed, then add the chocolate chips.

4. Using your palms, shape one large scope of dough into a round ball and place the cookie dough onto the baking tray, with at least 2" apart from each other.

5. Bake for 10-12min in the middle compartment, the cookies will expand slightly when baking.

6. Once done, remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with some icing sugar on top and keep in an airtight container. I could never resist to eat one right away, they smell too good to resist!

Enjoy...  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment