Saturday, December 1, 2012

Kids Meal: Happy Face Rice with Steamed Punters Fish


Here's a quick and healthy meal made for my duo today.

I made steamed Punters fish today, 1 fillet shared by mommy and the duo. It's really easy and delicious provided you use fresh fish, and must keep watch of time as you won't want to over-cook your fish.



Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 5-8 min
Serving for: 2 little ones

Ingredients:
1 block fillet about 1" thick (Punters 马友鱼, Garoupa 石斑鱼, cod 鳕鱼, red snapper 红鳄鱼, these are among the fish with less bones)
5-10 slices of ginger
1/2 teaspoon of salt

For Seasoning (I exclude this for my baby):
1 teaspoon of premium soya sauce
Few drops of sesame oil


Step-by-Step Guides:
1. Clean the fillet, dap dry with kitchen towel and rub a thin layer of salt over it evenly using hands. Sprinkle the sliced gingers on top and set aside.

2. Boil a pot of water for the steamer, once water is boiled, place the fillet (with the plate) into the steamer.

3. Steam the fillet for 5-8 min (depending on thickness of the fillet) with the lid on. Once the meat turns white and the flakes can be separated with a fork easily, your fillet is ready.


4. When serving, add the seasoning on top (adjust according to your liking).


That's it, yummy steam fish in 4 simple steps!

Serve it along with rice and other food. I prepared stir fried onion and cucumber with scrambled eggs, so I made used of the eggs and cucumber to arrange a smiley face meal for my boy.

For my baby girl, I prepared this nutritious porridge with diced onion, carrots and Japanese cucumber. I mixed in the steamed fish only when feeding (I usually store the fish in a separate container for second feeding). She absolutely loved it and kept asking for more. :)





Simple, no fuss family meal. Anyone can do it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment