Saturday, May 25, 2013

Easy Chicken Nuggets for All Ages 简易香煎鸡肉块

Like most kids, my little boy enjoys eating chicken nuggets but I am reluctant of bringing him to fast food restaurant, so once in a while I'll make him some homemade chicken nuggets. He never failed to finish them. :)

Since I'm preparing some for my little girl too, I used minced meat instead of whole meat. Still taste good. Being a lazy mom, I prepared the nuggets for everyone in the family with a little twist in the ingredients. So this is indeed quite a time-saver.

The tiny chicken nuggets for my 18 months old. I made some pumpkin purée as dipping Sauxe.



With a little "dress up" :)



Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Serving for: 4-6 nuggets 
Ingredients:
For under 2 years old:
1 palmful of minced chicken meat (I used 1 whole antibiotic free chicken fillet)
2 gloves chopped garlic 
1/4 onion, finely chopped 
very little salt 
1/2 egg 

Additional if serving for toddler above 2 years:
Few leaves of oregano, finely chopped (or used dried oregano)
A dash of pepper
1 table spoon (or more) bread crumb for coating

Additional if serving for Daddy & Mommy (to add n to the minced meat):
1 table spoon soy sauce
A dash of Shao Xing wine

Love Cheese? Try this!
Add 1/2 slice of cheddar cheese, cut to small squares and mix into the minced meat.

Methods:

1. Mix all marinate ingredient together and marinate the minced chicken meat for about 10 minutes (optional if serving for toddlers). Coat with a layer of bread crumb (not recommended for under 2 year old), the crumbs give the nugget a crunchy layer.

2. Heat up 2 table spoons of olive oil, drop a spoonful of minced meat into the pan. Fry both sides of the nugget for about 2 minutes each or until golden brown. You may cook a few nuggets at one go just keep a close eyes so they do not get burnt.

3. Rest the nuggets on a plate to let the excess oil drip away. Serve once its cold.

For my little boy, I made the nuggets into bigger rectangular shape and let him have the nuggets with a little bit of ketchup, he was so excited and kept asking for more.



As for my little girl, I let her had the nuggets as finger food, she really enjoyed them. At 18 months old, she has about 10+2 more teeth popping out, she really appreciates semi-chewy food such as this.




Ready for take away


Easy peasy snack in under 30 minutes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment