Sunday, July 21, 2013

Roast Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes 烘酿小番茄

Most Sunday we opt to stay home, enjoy some home cook meals and spend qualify family time together instead of rustling with the crowds in the packed shopping malls or the congested streets... I like that as little ones and I can have bonding time together and I get to do my crafting as they nap, on the flop side, I have to keep thinking of new recipes and new food, forced to be creative...

So today we had our usual stir fried noodles, but served with these tasty cherry tomatoes that are cute looking at the same time. I topped them with natural cheddar cheese for the natural saltiness (so no salt needed) and extra calcium supply for my growing duo.

I promise thus is a really simple recipe, get your toddler to join you in the making if you don't mind a little bit of mess :) 




Preparation Time: 8 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
Serving for: 30 small bites

Ingredients:
15 cherry tomatoes, washed

1/2 cup of tuna chunks in olive oil, drain the oil
2 table spoon of shredded cheddar cheese (I used Bega Cheddar cheese block) 



Step-by-Step Guides:
1. Preheat oven to 320°F/160°c.

2. Cut the tomatoes into half, scoop the middle empty and stuff with some tuna chunks. Put them in a glass baking tray (if using normal baking tray, line with a layer of baking sheet).

3. Add some shredded cheese onto each tomato, once ready, roast them in the middle tray of your oven for 15minutes.

Little stuffed tomatoes, ready to enter the oven...


Thats it, your roast stuffed little tomatoes are ready. Serve them warm, drizzle with few drops of fresh lemon juice if you like. 

Both my little ones love these little stuffed tomatoes, had 3-5 each, while my big guy helped to finish the entire tray of them. Action speaks louder than word huh. 

Simple no sweat recipe, who says cooking has to be complicated. ;)


Serving suggestion!
Serve as side dish alongside your spaghetti, rice, or just serve as finger snacks, perfect for party! You may refer to the stir fried noodle recipe here, I just used Yan Chun (阳春面) instead of spagetthi, which only requires 3 minutes of cooking.




No comments:

Post a Comment